23 July 2012

Car Boot Bootie

The weather this summer has just been horrendous.  This has meant that we have spent very little time at car boot sales.  Well, the weather and my husbands dislike of mornings.

A couple of weeks ago we did manage to visit a huge one though.  It was a beautiful day out and there were tons of stalls and other shoppers.

At one stall, in the middle of a pile of worse for wear looking clothing, I found two jugs.  You see, I don't have very many jugs.  (Ha ha ha)

Up first is a cream colored Alfred Meakin jug.  According to the Potteries website this mark was used from 1937 on.  I like the handle and the curve of the lip. 





Next up is another cream colored jug, this time its by Johnson Brothers. Once again I'm a sucker for the curved handle and the pattern around the lip.

Anyone else having less luck than usual due to the challenging weather?  So this wasn't a massive haul, but things might change if I'm good.  Maybe just maybe.  

I’m going to link up with Her Library Adventures and Flea Market finds, Magpie Monday at Me and my Shadow, Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl and Thrifty Love over at Cap Creations.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely pair of jugs!!! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

    I have only managed 1 or 2 boot sales this year so far, but hopefully the weather has changed now and things might be on the up! x

    ReplyDelete